January 19, 2019
“Selling is something we do for our clients – not to our clients.” … Zig Ziglar
FACT: Regardless of your occupation, you are always selling yourself!
Get acquainted with your new or prospective client, employee or potential customer. Never forget you are a salesperson regardless of the product or service you offer. You are the deciding factor.
- Search the internet using your browser entering the individuals name. Search social media accounts such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- For a B2B relationship, check their website, even go to Glassdoor.com and check out comments made by current and previous employees.
- For B2B relationships, search product certain specifics, get company data and formulate a good knowledge of your potential client.
- Know your competition in the marketplace by researching product information available on line and available within your company. Always remember, a competitor usually has a “good” product, but your job is to covey that your product or service is “better.” Always build your case before your make your initial contact. Be prepared to respond to any negative comments about your product or service. Always have a well though out response. Take the high ground!
- Always know your company, your product and the value you bring to the prospective client.
- Never oversell, just be sincere and convincing! Use the art of persuasion!
- Speak less and listen to your prospect. When you do speak, communicate the value you and your product or service brings to the relationship.
- Always remember, its more than a sell, it’s a relationship!!
I usually know my client and/or client company before I response to their inquiry or our initial meeting. You should to. It makes the other person know that you are on your “A Game” and are focused. Basically, you have done your homework.
Now its time to secure that new client, close the deal or get that new career opportunity! The web is a powerful tool. Use it to your advantage!