March 21, 2019
“People and organizations fail because they fail to plan. Stay focused!” … Bill Blalock
We are all have the best intentions and we want to complete a task or accomplish a goal that we set for ourselves, our businesses, or the company we work for. But all to often we “get off track” and miss the opportunity and do not complete it and get the desired result. We have all been there. So, what should we do?
- The first point of action is internalizing what you are considering. Think it through clearly and be honest with yourself what is working and what is not working. Honesty is essential. Don’t fool yourself! Are you just going down another path that leads to the same results? Find clarity on what you want! Filter out all the opinions, biased conversations and input that is not factually based. This thought process is necessary and essential. Emotional decisions do not always result in a good outcome.
- Plan ahead! Write down your plan, set realistic milestones.
- Evaluate the people you associate with and those that will be instrumental in helping you achieve your goal. Remember, people in your circle of influence greatly affect your thinking. Seek the “best” path to success? You may have to alter your thinking. Be open to that possibility!
- Chart your plan, set milestones, track your progress.
- Do all the things you are delaying in the moment. What you delay, you frequently forget. Do each task in an orderly and planned way.
- Celebrate the completion of each milestone and the final completion of your personal goal, task or project.
It sounds so simple and yet we “get off track” when we are distracted by events and needless conversations that are not relevant to the task at hand. Staying on track is a disciplined approach to everything we want to accomplish in life.
Successful people maintain a positive focus in life no matter what is going on around them!
Stay on track! Get it done! Celebrate! Then press on to the next opportunity!